There are many things that you can do, as a seller, to ensure that you are getting the best price for your home. The more homebuyers you attract to your home for sale, the higher the chance that the right person will see it and you will get the best price from the sale of your home. The following is a list of things to consider when you are selling your home in Bainbridge or Auburn Township, to ensure that you are doing everything you can to attract the perfect buyer.
Know Your Price
You can look at the Comparative Market Analysis (CMA) for your area (online), or talk to a realtor in Bainbridge or Auburn Township to find out the prices of comparable homes that have sold in the area; these resources will be able to give you information that will help you get the best price from the sale of your home.
- How quickly are homes in Bainbridge/Auburn Township selling?
- What was the average price of homes that sold these areas?
- How does your home compare to others that have sold in the area (smaller, nicer, older, closer to schools, etc.)?
Curb appeal is the first impression of your home to potential buyers, and, if done properly, will ensure that you are getting the best price from the sale of your home. In the summer, ensure your garden features colorful flowers, that your landscape is properly watered and cared for, and in the winter make sure that your sidewalks are cleared of all snow and ice. Also, if you need to, touch up any chipping paint on the outside of the house.
Staging Your Home
Staging your home is one of the most important places to invest money if you can’t do it yourself. A professional stager can get the best price from the sale of your home by rearranging and even removing furniture and other items in your home to make it more appealing to a potential buyer.
Make All Necessary Repairs
- Fix plumbing issues in your bathroom, and repair cupboard doors; small problems can seem like big ones to buyers.
- Replacing dirty or smelly carpets is a very small expense that can make a big difference.
- Are your appliances in great working order? Homeowners like new appliances, and replacing your old ones can attract many potential buyers to your home.
- Paint walls that look unattractive. Paint is the cheapest investment you can make in attracting buyers and get the best price from the sale of your home.